Saturday, September 12, 2015

DEADLOCK by DiAnn Mills






This book is part of the Houston FBI series that DiAnn Mills has written. FBI Agent Bethany Sanchez and her new partner Thatcher Graves are investigation a series of serial murders in Houston. Complicating matters is that Bethany's brother Lucas is out of prison and harassing her every chance he gets. Bethany and Thatcher have different methods of looking at cases and so they are getting used to each other.


This book kept building and I couldn't put it down. It kept me in suspense right up to the end and I was wildly satisfied with the outcome. The only down side (and I haven't noticed this in DiAnn Mills' other books) was that I was sometimes confused by the dialog between Bethany and Thatcher because it was almost like they were speaking in shorthand and weren't filling in enough details for me to make sense of the conversation.


The family dynamics and the faith of both Bethany and Thatcher were well developed and woven into the story in such a way that it enhanced the story and made the characters more enjoyable.


I received this book from Tyndale House in exchange for a fair and honest review. I have been trying to read everything from this author since I discovered her last year and I will definitely be watching closely for her next book.

DiAnn shares about her new novel Deadlock, in this extended interview

What inspired DiAnn Mills to write her new novel, Deadlock

Diann talk about her novel, Deadlock

DiAnn talks about her characters in her new novel, Deadlock

No comments:

Post a Comment