Monday, June 15, 2015

Blessing (#2 in Quaker Brides series) by Lyn Cote



This is about a Quaker widow, Blessing Brightman, who is an influential and wealthy part of the Cincinnati community in the mid-1800s. She is part of the Underground Railroad and is an avid Abolitionist and Women's Rights advocate. She meets Gerard Ramsey, a spoiled heir to a Boston family, when he comes to rescue his cousin from the clutches of her best friend.


This is a rich historical novel with many interesting things to learn about this whole time period and the people who populated it. Speakers that came to Cincinnati included Sojourner Truth and Frederick Douglass.


The book started out slow and for a chapter or two I thought it was going to be tough to get through but then it started to flow and I stayed up into the wee hours of the morning to finish it.


I will now be looking for book 1 of this series and waiting for book 3 to appear. I will also be looking for other books by this author. I love finding a new author to add to my "favorites" list.


Tyndale gave me a copy of this book in exchange for a fair and honest review. Thank you Tyndale for a great experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment