Sunday, February 15, 2015

Sabotaged by Dani Pettrey






Reef McKenna and Kirra Jacobs have known each other since childhood and have been at odds most of that time but when one of Kirra's family members is kidnapped during the Iditarod they team together to find her and catch the criminals who have a plans that will endanger many people and animals.

This is book 5 in the Alaskan Courage series. I have loved every book in this series about the McKenna family in Alaska. I waited rather impatiently for this last installment and now I feel a sense of loss since this is the last book in the series, but I can't wait to see what Dani Pettrey has in store for us in her next series.

The characters in these books are friendly people who anyone would love to have has friends or family. The author makes the reader feel like they are a member of the family or at least a very close family friend. These are books that are hard to put down in exchange for the mundane of daily life so I generally start them when I have a large block of time when I can read with only brief pauses to eat or run to the bathroom. If I have to (sigh) go to bed and put the book down till morning it is most stressful.

I love the way the characters' Christian faith is intertwined seamlessly into the story and just becomes a part of their personality. It is not contrived or superfluous, it is part of who they are and what they are doing.

Dani Pettrey has become one of my favorite authors. Most books I read and pass on but Dani Pettrey's books go on my bookshelf.

Bethany House gave me a copy of this book in exchange for a fair and honest review. If they hadn't I'd have bought it anyway the first day it was released because I have been waiting for this one! All Bethany House books are winners but Dani Pettrey is one of their new shining stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment