Saturday, January 3, 2015

Esther: Royal Beauty (A Dangerous Beauty Novel) by Angela Hunt



This is the story of Hadassah / Queen Esther told in a fresh new way. The story is told by Esther and by the eunuch Harbonah, personal servant of King Xerxes. It is true to the Biblical account but is fleshed out by other research and some fictional additions. This is a moving story enhanced by personal details about the characters. I was enthralled throughout and so intrigued by the variance of human nature displayed among the protagonists. This would be a good story to read when celebrating or researching the Jewish feast of Purim.


I love everything written by Angela Hunt so I was sure I would enjoy the story before I picked up the book but I have also read other very nice accounts of this story by other authors and done an entire Bible study on the Book of Esther by a well-known Bible teacher. So I wasn’t sure if I would find anything new here or if it would just be old hat. What I found was so much more than I anticipated and I will cherish this book and recommend it to others.


Bethany House provided me with a copy of this book for the purpose of an honest review.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the kind review Ms. Kitty! :-) So glad you enjoyed the book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a huge fan! Trying to collect all your books.

    ReplyDelete