Monday, September 29, 2014

Buttermilk Sky by Jan Watson



Mazy Pelfrey has gone to Lexington to go to business school on the advise of her sister, Lilly (a doctor). Her beau back home is Chanis Clay who is the local sheriff. While in Lexington she becomes interested in Loyal Chambers, the son of a local doctor and part of Lexington's upper class. She soon finds out that all that glitters is not gold as the saying goes.


I found this story interesting because my grandmother went away to business school in about this time frame and it gave me a little feel for what her life may have been like while she was away from home taking this course.


I also found Chanis Clay very interesting and like the way he treated people he came across in his work and in his social life. He might not be the dashing, exciting hero of a lot of romance novels, but he is a true blue hero all the same.


This story was well told and kept me interested throughout so as a result I finished this book fairly quickly.


Tyndale gave me a complimentary copy of this book in exchange for my review.

No comments:

Post a Comment